Tomorrow our girlie turns 10!
She’s been counting down the days since last October already. Her motivation doesn’t seem to be the desire to grow up quickly, but rather just her deep love for a good party!
She had BIG plans for her party this year, but unfortunately, Stressed Out Mommy had to put a stop to some of her ideas. We did do a Tinkerbell party, but there was no Pixie Dust Tree in the front entrance, or flowers and grass covering every available surface in the house.
Once again, Ben saved the day with his Children’s Entertainment skills, and led all our little fairies in some games very fitting to Pixie Hollow, such as bouncing the “dew drop” to the spider web…
The party is over, but we still have lots of things to look forward to, as we continue to celebrate.:)
Anika’s writing assignment for school today was to make her annual “Birthday Favorites” list:
Breakfast Foods: pancakes, waffles, sausage, bacon, cinnamon apples, tatertots
Lunch and Supper Foods: fried potatoes, mashed potatoes, fish, beef, peas, steamed broccoli, mushrooms
Snacks and Treats: vanilla cupcakes (made from a Betty Crocker gluten-free mix), Popcorn Twists, any sweets
Things to Do: read, play, dream, spend time with friends, draw
Toys: Lego, Barbies, Play Mobil, Polly Pockets
Books: Mandie books, Watership Down, The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit
Colors: blue and pink
What she wants to be when she grows up: author, artist, actor, photographer
My favorite things about her: There are many, but I’ll list the ones that come to mind first!
– Her wild, fun imagination, her sense of humour, and fun-loving personality
– Her love for stories, adventures, reading, and being read to
– Her love for people and fierce loyalty to the loved ones in her life
– Her laugh, her appreciation for a good joke, her ability to play along with Ben’s silliness
– Her desire to care for people, especially Kaylia, but also any other small child around
– Her love for talking things out, especially at bedtime, her inability to keep anything from me, and her desire to learn and understand all things around her
– Her huge conscience, and intense desire to do what is right
– Her strong leadership skills, and her ability to share her ideas with everyone around her so passionately that they all get drawn into the fun
Oh, the excitement and drama she brings into our home! It is my hope and prayer that God will use all these gifts to bless the people around her in powerful ways. We love her so much, and are so very thankful for each of the wonderful years we have enjoyed with her so far!